Powertweak provides information about your computer hardware and linux kernel setup including:
Powertweak can be used to tune your kernel and
hardware configuration for optimal performance, or for viewing hardware and kernel settings.
It currently has a graphical GTK GUI, and a simple text based tree lister.
- DMI BIOS interrogation (not only bios settings, but ports, cpu and events) (NEW)
- some 2.5 linux kernel proc settings (NEW)
- PCI configuration space tuning.
- Adjusting block device elevator algorithms.
- Changing /proc/sys entries.
- hdparm type features (Informational only right now)
- IDE SMART status.
- CPU Model specific register tuning
- CPU MTRR registers (Informational only right now)
For more info, see the
- July 2003 - New release (0.99.5), with DMI BIOS info, lspowertweak console lister
- April 2003 - New development has started
- Sept 2001 - Release 0.99.4 to fix problem in 0.99.3